The Gambling Helpline is a free, confidential phone service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1800 858 858.
The helpline is staffed by people who understand the challenges of changing gambling behaviour. Phone counsellors are ready to help and support you. They won’t judge you, criticise you or make you feel bad about yourself.
What can I expect when I call the Gambling Helpline?
- confidential — you don't need to give your name when you make the call
- free — you don’t pay for the service or for the call when you use a landline and you can call as many times as you need (mobile phone charges may apply — check with your provider)
- friendly, professional and non-judgemental phone counsellors experienced in helping people who want to change their gambling
- take-home information, including practical tips and self-help guides to help you change your gambling behaviour
- referral to a Gambling Help Service for free face-to-face counselling if you prefer
- an interpreter if you need one.
This service is available to anyone concerned about their gambling or someone else’s gambling.