Strategic Research Agenda
The Strategic Research Agenda 2022 to 2026 describes research areas of interest to DHS aligned to the Gambling Harm Minimisation Investment Plan 2021 to 2026.
Investment under the Strategic Research Agenda seeks to:
- Build the evidence for what works to prevent and minimise gambling harm in South Australia
- Foster growth of the gambling research community in South Australia
- Allow for testing of novel ideas in prevention and harm minimisation
- Usefully inform policy development, regulatory action, and practice
Priority research areas
The priority research areas identified under the Strategic Research Agenda are:
- South Australians’ awareness of risky gambling behaviours, harm and options to intervene
- Protective factors that prevent and minimise the risk of gambling harm
- Overcoming barriers to help-seeking and maintaining positive change
- Enhancing resources and support for people impacted by others’ risky gambling
- Emerging gambling products and features that present a significant risk of harm
Funded projects are expected to provide timely, practical advice for government, local communities, public and private sectors to help achieve reductions in gambling harm.
For more information see the Funding Submission Guidelines below or contact the Office for Problem Gambling: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding funding for research projects will be released in early 2023.
To be notified when 2023 funding is available, please register your interest below.